Foyer
Getting through the foyer and lobby is exciting now, to say the very least. Do take care! Though it is great to see that the finishing touches to the Big Project are underway. As I went through just now the trolley room was cleared, ready for work in there. The mail room, the lighting ... it's all go, go, go.
Curfew
Yes, another one! Tomorrow night, Thursday 23 April, the solitary lift will be out from 9pm to midnight. So it you are tempted (unlikely, considering the weather) to party downtown tomorrow, remember you have to get home very early or very late. Your choice.
The reason? More X-ray work in the lift shaft. It is crucial that the drilling for brackets does not impact on the reinforcing strands in the concrete. Hence the lift shaft being X-rayed even more often than a hypochondriac billionaire.
It is somewhat nervewracking, having only one lift, I must say. Yesterday I was trapped for a while, as the lift was totally taken up with getting scaffolding material to various levels. I am glad to say that the scaffolding is all set up -- or so I believe, as it was scheduled to finish yesterday. That means that the Otis team, which has been so visible, will go invisible again, labouring away in the shaft. (They have assured me that there are no spiders down there, and definitely no snakes. The Filipinos checked.)
And I am also glad to say that I encountered Ken, who looks after the maintenance of our lifts. He assured me that he will be a constant presence, making certain-sure that our solitary lift keeps running.
Storm
Oh boy. For once I was glad that it is a climb to get to our home on the Terrace. A big branch was blown down in the bottom garden, but we were let off pretty lightly. And no leaks have been reported. A huge relief, and a big credit to Aoraki work in the weather tightness part of the Big Project. Crossed fingers our luck continues.
Skip
Another skip will be delivered shortly.
Next week
Busy, busy, busy. Various items such as the toilet block will be removed from the work site, and much of that area will be returned to the residents. The two site offices will remain, and Aoraki will keep four garages. Fencing will make it easy to know where it is safe to drive and walk.
More to come. Watch this space.

No comments:
Post a Comment