Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2026

TO START A NEW YEAR

 


Happy New Year to all

I had an interesting holiday season, in that my computer crashed, along with my phone and my printer.

Bad karma, yes.  Also an excuse for the lapse in newsflashes.  Quite apart from the fact that I couldn't think of anything to write, I had lost all my photos and other HGL data.  So, while I was immensely thankful for the Boxing Day sales, it did mean many hours trying to catch up to where I was in early December. 

Ground floor

As those few who are still in the building will have noticed, work has begun on preparing the ground floor for remediation.  Ken has moved out of the ground floor apartment, and plastic sheets have been laid over the carpet.


Obviously, it is all go from here.  Getting in and out of the building is going to be interesting.

Weather and fire alarms

We have had interesting weather, but can thank our lucky stars that the temps are not in the thirties, the way they are elsewhere.  To everyone's relief, there have been no reports of weather related leaks. The only leak so far this year is from a reinstalled washing machine, which should be a plumbing fix.

We have had three false alarm call outs.  One was utterly mysterious, another was due to dust in a stairwell smoke alarm, and the third was because of a heater in a small bathroom.  The sensor of the relevant heat alarm has been adjusted to avoid a recurrence. Throughout it all, remarkably friendly relations have been established with the very pleasant and helpful fire crews.

Ken Geard, our chairman, is in hospital.  Hopefully it will be for just a short time, and we all send our very best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Both Damien and Brigid are well and at work, for which we feel very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The party!!

  I forgot to take photos! (But hopefully someone else memorialised the Welcome Home Party, and will forward the pix to druettjo@gmail.com) ...