Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2025

Construction update

FRIDAY NEWSFLASH

Steel Soldiers being installed.

 From Gazelle:  "I know I am certainly happy to come to work each day at Herbert Gardens, and the site culture we are creating is really positive and cooperative (which is so important!) – and it definitely helps to be met with friendly shareholder smiles – we feel really lucky."

Isn't that good to hear?  And here is a summary of her update.

"We have been absolutely flat out with the installation of structural steel this week, on Level 13 and Level 12. Patton Engineering, our structural steel sub-contactor, are doing a great job.

"So far, 132 brackets have been installed between the pre-cast brackets and the floor slabs; and the installation of the steel ‘soldiers’ are well underway. The soldiers provide stability to the interior block walls.

 

"I am sure the shareholders in residence have been hearing a lot of noisy drilling, and we again thank you all for your patience and understanding.


"In other news, (although this is quite repetitive as we work down the building!) the asbestos removal on Level 11 is nearly complete, and Level 10 is ‘bubbled up’ in plastic, and ready to commence removal later this week.

 

"The painters (Blackstar Painting and Decorating) are busy prepping, sanding, and painting the window frames; and are currently working across the North and East elevations. Repairs to rotten and damaged frames are being made at the same time.

 

"I must admit it is getting a bit colder and darker and wetter, but spirits are high!

 

"I’ve attached some photos. They aren’t the most glamourous shots I’m afraid, but it’s the reality – who needs glamour when you’ve got tonnes of galvanised structural steel at your fingertips!  Keep in mind these photos are all ‘work in progress’ shots."




And that's it from me, as I will be away from Wednesday, coming back the first week in August.

Handing over to Brigid!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The party!!

  I forgot to take photos! (But hopefully someone else memorialised the Welcome Home Party, and will forward the pix to druettjo@gmail.com) ...