29/11/2024
First, the big Show and Tell on December 6 -- next Friday!
In an earlier Newsflash, I prophesied that shareholders could have individual meetings with members of the Project Team. Unfortunately, this proved impossible. The Team is far too busy getting ready for the commencement of work, and spending a couple of full days liaising with individual residents was going to be very expensive, too.
So TBIG and the Team devised the Show and Tell as an alternative, and I love it. I have already made up a book of HGL wish lists, ruled off so shareholders can write down their wants, and then initial the entry, ready for Aoraki's folder of work.
I have already filled in the space for my apartment, 7D. The bathroom is the place where strengthening brackets will be put in at ceiling level, and that wall is tiled. So I have asked that if tiles are broken, not to try to replace them, but paint to match instead. And, if the bath has to be removed (though I don't expect it) then it should not be replaced, but a clean floor and plumbing left, ready for my own project, which will be to put in a shower, at my own cost after the work on 7D is finished.
I know that some residents are keen to have the chance to put in a new kitchen, so they can indicate that if the old kitchen is removed, that it is not to be replaced, but the fixtures for electricity and water left ready for their tradies.
Like everything I prophesy, it is open to amendment. It's a study in movement, and changes do happen.
Foyer
Something I did not expect was to find that the walls by the trolley room have been rated a fire hazard after a second inspection by the fire service. The battens and the plasterboard have to be removed. I see this as an opportunity to refurbish the foyer. Susan Webb our (unofficial) resident artist, is keen to design something really upmarket and interesting, and all ideas are welcome.
The battens will be stored, as they could be useful in the meantime, and the brick wall, which extends as far as the trolley room, will be completely exposed. Unless in a mucky state, it will be repainted to suit, but we shall see what we will find when the plasterboard is removed.


No comments:
Post a Comment