Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2024

NEWSFLASH November 3, 2024:

 



The Fire Drill: This was the first fire drill where I was a warden.  Normally, as my eyesight makes me very slow going down stairs, I lurk on the landing of my level until the alarm goes quiet.  So I was a little nervous, being so new.

Luckily, Steve Russell (9B) took over.  Everyone behaved so well – no one tried to use the lift, and people were easily ushered away from the back door.  A lot of new faces, all bright-eyed and interested. In future, just in case it is the real deal, it is a good idea to carry your phone, a jacket, and any medications.  Importantly, the disc with your apartment number should come too, and be placed on the appropriate hook of the evacuation board.

The powers that be have the evacuation site in the teeth of the wind tunnel outside the lobby, but retreat into a car port is perfectly fine.
 
Morning get-together: The first Wednesday trial was attended by just five.  Hopefully more next Wednesday.

Elevators.  The interview with Murray, the Otis rep, went very well.  There is a lot more news to come. We are very grateful to the Otis team who work so hard for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The party!!

  I forgot to take photos! (But hopefully someone else memorialised the Welcome Home Party, and will forward the pix to druettjo@gmail.com) ...